View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #13
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Thanks!
Hi, Deb!

I've gone through the process of registering as a HAP member and am now just awaiting the Administrative OK! This is so super.

I checked out the website and got caught up in reading all the letters of thanks this group's received for the wonderful work it's done. It was awesome, I couldn't stop reading!

My hat's off to everyone who is contributing and also to those who do the finishing work. It's amazing how much goes into a project like this so I really want to acknowledge this group for it's truly humanitarian work.

I KNOW these soldiers, sailors, airmen & women and marines are grateful for the warmth and love that these afghans wrap around them when they're at a very low point in their lives, many of them struggling just to stay alive.

I've been a professional artist for many years and one of the things I know for sure is that what an artist feels when creating a piece of work goes, somehow, into that piece of art. So I know that the love and good wishes that go from loving hands into knitted rectangles does communicate to the recipients, whether they are awake and aware or not.

I'll be proud to help out with this wonderful project!!!!

Thanks for the opportunity!

Ruthie
StarStrong (01-19-2011)