View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Yarnvixen
Casting On

Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
I am having a hard time finding knitters in my area. I am a beginning knitter. I have completed two baby afghans and that is about it. I tend to tackle projects that are over my head and then get discouraged. Right now I am working of a build a bear sweater for my grandson, a pair of mittens for my granddaughter, and socks for myself. With all three I have hit snags in directions that I don't understand.
I'm sure if I could get together with other knitters in my area we could all benefit from getting together every so often. At least I know I would benefit from it.

Alyce
Alyce,
I just found your post because I haven't been on KH for a long time. I am in Knoxville and have recently picked up my knitting needles again. I know of two yarn shops: Loopville in Bearden and Yarn Haven on Cedar Bluff Rd. The only other choices are JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc. If you're still new at knitting, I would stick with the cheaper yarns--I'm speaking from experience. I have a small fortune tied up in expensive yarns that are still in my closet because I am not advanced enough to make the garments.
Anyway, give me a shout back when you read this. I would love to meet some new knitters in Knoxville.
Jan Vann

Yarnvixen
Yarnvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yarnvixen For This Useful Post:
theashandrose (01-30-2013)