View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
OffJumpsJack
Working the Gusset

Work the Slip Knot?
Originally Posted by ILoveCoffee View Post
Hi. Thought I would try to make a scarf. I always make a slip not before anything else, and the book says not to count this stitch. Do I work it? I didn't work it at the start, so do I work the last little stitch at the end of rows(it's a bit smaller than the regular chains and always right on the edge of the row). This is making my work uneven on one side it seems.
marking the end stitch helps, but I just need to know if you work the slip knot as you get to the end of the foundation chain or not. Does it become a stitch?

Well, when starting a chain, you start with a slip knot and the loop of that knot becomes the first chain. It would be worked.

But you seem to be making this slip not before each row? Are you changing colors? Once you have a row you should not need to make any more slip knots...

Do you have a camera and can you post a picture of your work in progress? Or if you can provide a link to the pattern (if it is one the web) or type in a brief quote of the part where it tells you to make the slip knot?

as Off-Jumps-Jack

OTN another Black & gold Diagonal Square Potholder
OTH Baby blanket
OTH Lace doily - A vintage pattern recreating from an heirloom.
OffJumpsJack is offline   Reply With Quote