View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #6735
USMCWifeKnitter
Casting On

New to knitting
Hello all! Just stopping by to introduce myself and let you know a little about me.

My name is Jaclyn and I'm 33 soon to be 34 in May. I am married to a great guy, William. We have been married 4 1/2 years and we have 4 kids between us, 13-girl, 11 1/2-boy, 10-girl and 7-girl. We have a dog-Ares, a cat-Nikia and a lot of fish (that my sister-in-law is fostering). My husband is a United States Marine and we are stationed in Japan for the next 3 years.....hence the reason my sister-in-law is fostering our fish.

I have always wanted to learn to knit, but didn't know anyone that knew how that would be able to teach me. While my sister-in-law taught herself, I didn't live close enough for her to teach me. Then we ended up stationed in Japan and I finally just decided to teach myself as well. Found somone online selling off her statch of yarn and needles.....so I bought them. Then I found out a friend knew how to knit and she is stationed in Okinawa as well. So in a day she taught me the basic cast on and knit stitch....I was hooked from then on. I'm still only on week two.....but LOVING it.

So I'm here to learn anything and everything knitting.
USMCWifeKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote