Thread: Puffy slippers
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
Casting On
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Puffy slippers
Does anyone know the name of the knitting stitch used for puffy slippers? I searched the internet and can't find anything. The slippers have ridges, they are a checkerboard pattern (two colors used) and the back side of the slipper looks like 1" horizontal lines. This is really hard to explain and I truly need to watch a video so I can learn how to do this. I'm not a knitter, but I think I could figure this out if I at least know the name of the stitch. I do know that on every other row, and every six stitches, one of the colors of yarn is brought to the front. I'm sorry to be so vague, but since I don't know what I'm talking about, it's hard to describe. The slippers are real cushy, and I think the yarn is pulled to "gather" the ridge to give it the puffy look. This is almost impossible to explain. I hope someone can help me.
Flytootall is offline   Reply With Quote