View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
brolie
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
It's Lion's homespun yarn. It's best worked on size 11 needles with a loose tension, btw.
yeah, lion brand.. and it is not making me happy. i've never been to happy with lion brand yarn. and im using 10 and a half size needles with a loose tension, so looks like i'm doing things right there

Originally Posted by DogCatMom View Post
OK, the Lion Brand Homespun. I *have* worked with that, at least in its regular weight, and the only way I could get it to behave was to double-strand it with a worsted and use size 15s (10 mm).

For a table runner, though, the double-stranding would be awfully thick; I was making a neck scarf for a community service project where protection from the cold is paramount. Is the table runner just for deco, or will tableware be placed on it? If it's too thick, the tableware will probably wobble on the double-stranding....

DCM
it's going to be for a chest that has a tv on it. he wants something to keep the tv from scratching the chest. im not double stranding either. only thing that i am worried about is that it might be a little too slippery :\
brolie is offline   Reply With Quote