View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #16
Danisty
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by redbedhead View Post
to clarify, I have apparently more straight needles than you can shake a stick at.

Think of a box that a case of paper comes in, now fill it full of straight needles, all differnt sizes and lengths (I have found needles from size 1 to size 50). Now add another box HALF That size full of circular needles (at least 2 different sets of interchagables and the rest are individuals), Double pointed needles, and cable needles (I guess that is what they are they look like saftey pins of various sizes, widths, and lengths) Finally add a pencil box full of stitch markers, measuring tapes, sicssors, and Sewing needles. NOW Add another half paper case box of Crochet hooks!

Orginization is a big Problem, Plus I only have a 2 foot space in my bedroom to store it all in.

I inherited all of this from my Grandma when she passed on, and she had inherited some of them from her friend who passed on 2 years before her.
I got about that much from my Grandma too. It's insane what a person can collect over a lifetime. I also inherited her stash of extremely hideous yarn that I use for practicing new things.

Even though I have all of that, I never use any of it. I have the Knit Picks nickel-plated interchangeable set and use it almost exclusively. I really like Anise's idea though. I might try that just to organize everything I got from Grandma. I'm only holding onto it because I might run into someone who wants to learn to knit.
Danisty is offline   Reply With Quote