View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
DogCatMom
Knitting the Flap

I looked at the photos of the Corgis and at the eHow suggestions.

What the eHow suggestions seem to do is just give the equivalent height in stitches: 1 row of crochet sc = this much knitting, and on up the line as the crochet sts get taller. I didn't see any advice for shaping.

Looking at the Corgi pattern, there is a *lot* of shaping in small spaces: the faces and ears especially. Since you've said elsewhere that you've *just this weekend* started to learn how to crochet, I'd suggest making a note of the sts needed to make the Corgis and putting them front and center in your learning plan.

Then, when you feel confident about those sts, come back to the pattern. It should only take a few weeks, depending on the other demands on your time, so not too long!

Get all the other supplies you need: are there hardware fasteners required for the joints? plastic nose/eyes? special yarn you want for the colors? special-sized hook(s)? These can all be put into a dedicated project bag together with the Corgi pattern. That way, just as soon as you feel you have those required stitches under control, you can pick up the Corgi project bag and take off!

Happy learning!

DCM
DogCatMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DogCatMom For This Useful Post:
Breezed (07-24-2011)