View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,806 Times in 7,165 Posts
People often don't respond if they have nothing to add to the conversation. Not everyone has taken a class at a yarn store. It doesn't mean we don't value your input and enjoy you being here with us.

I did see the post, but it was very late and I wanted to wait till morning to respond. --

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I have taken several classes at my LYS and haven't had a problem personally. I've heard them talk on occasion of a time being off or some mixup, but as far as I can tell it's always corrected quickly and the class members called that signed up so they would know what had changed or been corrected.

So the answer is no, not all LYS classes are as bad as you encountered. Is there a knit night or social knitting day that you could join? That is often a good way to get to know people and get a bit of help as well. I go to a regular social knit night on Friday and I usually end up going to the social spinning night to just sit and knit and visit as well. There are some very helpful people in the group and we even have our own "classes" or "knit-a-longs" as well.

If this isn't an option maybe you could find a group of like minded knitters and start your own knitting group.

ETA: I think you live in Norcal? Wish you lived down here I'd take you to MY LYS!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Last edited by Jan in CA : 08-17-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote