View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

I think I have it...I think...
The only url to this pattern was the one I initially gave you, to the website. There is a "contact us" on there and I wrote, but didn't get a reply. Went back there just now and noticed a funny little symbol which I hadn't seen before, beside the pattern - and - guess what - it turned out to be a link to ravelry - where, it says I'll be able to see other uses of this same wonderful pattern

Anyway, based on your advice, I'll join ravelry

But - back to my problem - your translation of that row was:

b) *3 double crochet stitches in 1 double crochet from row 3, skip 1 double crochet, make 1 single crochet, skip 1 double crochet*--this makes the lace-like pattern that you can see on the edge

If I'm understanding you right from your last post, I think it should say from the "previous" row, not "from the row 3" - - so I'd do 3 double crochets in a double crochet from the previous row (or on the arm openings in a single crochet on the previous row), then skip one dc (or sc), do a single crochet in the next double crochet, skip one. So - *3dc in a dc, sk1, 1sc, sk1* repeat. Have I got it?

You're a great translator - I've done some editing too (volunteer, for fiction-writing friends) - and I hear you about being "offended' - happens everywhere - tv, ads, newspapers - drives me nuts

Thanks again.