View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,056 Times in 2,568 Posts
Ooohhhh, I just looked at the Strauch Fiber Equipment Co. site. Cool stuff. I'd like to have just about one of each, even though I've absolutely no use for most of it, it just looks so cool. There is a real beauty in well-made tools like those. Unfortunately, I can't possibly afford one of their ball winders so I'm glad I don't really need it. I'm glad you got yours as you do need it, they sound like absolutely terrific people to deal with.

These days, it can be so hard to find anyone who knows anything and phone menus make me want to scream. I felt like it would nice to not-complain for a change. I am glad you a good experience to share too.

Once when my daughter was in middle school I got the feeling I should call her block teacher one afternoon, just to say I thought he was doing a great job. When he returned my call, I could tell by his voice he was having a rough afternoon. The poor man was so relieved when I told him I had nothing to complain about, my daughter thought he was the best teacher she'd ever had (she still does) and he was grateful. He'd had one of those days where everything went wrong and he'd had to talk to a lot of unhappy parents.

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance
...the five stages of frogging.
GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote