View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 01:12 AM   #14
Working the Gusset
Originally Posted by fatoldladyinpjs View Post
And I wouldn't rely too heavily on the comment from a poster that the pattern was complicated and she had to seek help with it. It depends on your ability. Are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced? I've attempted patterns that were above me and put them down out of frustration. A year or two later, after I got better at knitting, I attempted those patterns again and they went just fine.
Sorry so long in replying, was finishing the dog sweater, and now have a happy, warm lil' old guy! :wahoo: Will post pics as soon as I find a way to change the photo size on my phone, er, camera. Long story...

I'd have to say that I'm in the advanced beginner stage, and fairly good at recognizing projects/patterns that are waay beyond my skill level. Doesn't mean I don't reach for the stars, but I'm one to climb a ladder there rung by rung. Eventually I WILL knit a doily. I miss making those greatly.

Visualizing the construction of the sweater from the pattern was at first rough, and I believe that's the same issue the Ravelry commenter had. Having a diagram of the dog sweater in the pattern book like the ones provided with people sweaters would have helped.

Thanks for the encouragement!

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote