View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Marg1e View Post
But I'm actually forging ahead with my mat (yes, that's what I'm making, would you believe?) with its open-weave look. I would've preferred for it not to be like that; but the fact is I need to have it available to cover several places on my bedroom carpet where, when I swapped the bedroom with the office, there are some strips of the original beige carpet showing through the current chocolate...
I'm sure your mat will work out quite beautifully for what you want it to do! Crochet always works it's magic one way or the other. And I'm really looking forward to seeing how this bit of magic turns out...

Quote:
And DCM, thank-you for confirming my strongly-held suspicion that in the .pdf of the pattern, the stitches shown simply cannot result in the accompanying photos.
The pdf looks like it's a scanned copy from one of the older stitch pattern books so the designer of the blanket may not be the stitch designer. Be that as it may, the designer of the blanket may have done any number of things differently...

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote