View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by nonny2t View Post
Good for you! I found I actually like dpn's a lot more than I do circs sometimes. . . . What put me off on them in the beginning was casting on stitches to different needles, which was a mess then I knitted the stitches back onto the needles that had stitches instead of onto the empty one and quit immediately. . .
Me too! For Coco, the CO was 4 sts and rnd 1, k1fb in each st, so I just cast onto 1 needle and knitted the first round onto the other needles. I found it much easier than with circs where I have uttered many ugly words over twisting the cast on when joining. Look, Ma - no twisted join on DPN! I figure for hats, I can CO using a straight needle, and do the same...

Quote:
. . . I found a very simple pattern, "God bless Mary" and it used worsted weight.. . .
I'll have to see if I can find that pattern. I loved machine knitting house socks for gifts (flat seamed socks) so hand knitting some worsted socks in the round would be AWESOME!

Quote:
What I want for Christmas costs a lot more than dpns. It is a beautiful house in my hometown where I would love to move back to, but cannot afford it as my dh has an excellent job here. Maybe if I wish hard enough, Santa along with the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman and Harry Potter will grant me what I want for Christmas this year!
Isn't that often the case with Christmas gifts? From time to time, I enjoy going to my home'town' of New Orleans for a visit. Now that I'm older I have no desire to move back. Is your hometown in TN too? That's a beautiful state.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your Christmas wish if not this year then in the future!

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote