View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
nonny2t
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte View Post
Me too! For Coco, the CO was 4 sts and rnd 1, k1fb in each st, so I just cast onto 1 needle and knitted the first round onto the other needles. I found it much easier than with circs where I have uttered many ugly words over twisting the cast on when joining. Look, Ma - no twisted join on DPN! I figure for hats, I can CO using a straight needle, and do the same...

I'll have to see if I can find that pattern. I loved machine knitting house socks for gifts (flat seamed socks) so hand knitting some worsted socks in the round would be AWESOME!

Isn't that often the case with Christmas gifts? From time to time, I enjoy going to my home'town' of New Orleans for a visit. Now that I'm older I have no desire to move back. Is your hometown in TN too? That's a beautiful state.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your Christmas wish if not this year then in the future!
No I grew up south of the South Bend Indiana area in a little town that was very much like Mayberry actually. The house I want is in South Bend though about 3 blocks from my best friend (who has been my best friend since 7th grade so that would be 45 years ago) and my son, dil and one of my grandchildren the other one lives here in memphis, my sister and a couple nieces and nephews live there too. We lived there after my husband retired from the Navy and we moved because of job issues. So, if we were rich, I would love to live back up there again even with all the snow.
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote