View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
SpinSisterSpin
Casting On

Boye Electric Ball Winder
My faithful, 6 year old, much used ball winder finally gave up the ghost. I am a spinner, and a knitter. . . a ball winder is a "must have" to my way of thinking. So, living in the northern climes of Michigan, I started calling to see who, if anyone had a ball winder. NO ONE had one in stock except. . . of all places JoAnn Fabric. Off I went, only to find that (YES, I should have asked first probably) the only one they had was a $90.00 electric ball winder. Never having heard of such a thing, and having a 50% off coupon, I bought the thing and brought it home. I found that it would NOT wind from my swift. . . I found I had to hand turn the swift to get the thing to not stall out. Bottom line? I wrote the Boye Company an email about the problem (after trying all sorts of things for five days to make the thing work), and the answer I got was. . . are you ready?????? The Boye electric ball winder was NOT made to work with a swift and that is what was causing the problem. I need to ask. . . if not made to work with a swift, what good is it???? Take heed! Do Not Buy a Boye Electric Ball Winder. . . it is expensive and useless! (My new hand winder is on its way as I write).
SpinSisterSpin is offline   Reply With Quote