View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #399
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by DogCatMom View Post
Thanks for the party, Shandeh! I looked at your stash on Ravelry and can't imagine how long it must have taken to inventory/photograph everything. Amazing job! DCM
I DO have a lot of yarn! And my stash grows every day, because people are always giving me more yarn for my charity knitting. When I first started entering my stash on Ravelry, I didn't have as much as I do now. I just started at one end of my craft room, and moved across.

Step 1: Grab a basketfull of yarn
Step 2: Photograph each different yarn
Step 3: Carry basket to computer, and enter it all
Step 4: Carry basket back to craft room, and put away

I just repeated those 4 steps until all the yarn was on Ravelry.

Now, it's just a matter of posting any new yarn I buy. As soon as I walk in the door with my yarn, I put it all on the sofa, or spread it out on my bed, and take photos. Then, I take it to the computer and enter it. Then, I find a place for it in my craft room.

I really like having every single skein of my stash on Ravelry. It makes my project planning very simple. I can sort my yarn stash on Ravelry by fiber, or color, or weight. I can also see how many yards I have of each yarn. It's nice having all that information at my fingertips. I can search through Ravelry patterns by weight and yardage, and plan projects very quickly!

(It sure beats my old way of doing things - searching through all my yarn, to see what I want to work with. Those days were crazy!)

Originally Posted by Woodi View Post
Sorry I missed the party (bed early, as always)...needed my beauty rest like never before, cuz I fell of my treadmill last evening, got shook up a bit, but mostly hurt my pride, hehe. Needed extra sleep to recover.....
You poor thing!
I hope you didn't get hurt too bad.

Originally Posted by Misty2275 View Post
......I especially want to thank you for picking my name for one of the prizes.
I looked on the site this morning and told my husband, I don't know why I'm even looking because I never win anything.
Well, I was so surprised to see my name and the book I won.
I think I probably drove my husband nuts this morning when I kept saying to him, I'm a winner!!
I'm so glad to see that you are pleased with your prize!

Originally Posted by offgridgirl View Post
.......I finish the 2012 pocket.
I made a few changes but here it is!!
Love it!
I really like the changes you made.

Originally Posted by Chelsea716Knits View Post
........This was my first party I went to that you hosted!....I loved this party!! I am so glad I won a book! It was funny how you said that when you were shaking the box my name fell out! Well... I have to go get my Goose checked
I enjoyed our party as well! It was work on my end, but lots of fun too. I finally got to bed at 4 AM, and slept until 8:30 to go to church. (I am the organist.) After church, I came home and CRASHED....slept until 7 PM tonight!

Originally Posted by rachejm View Post
.....It looks like you all had a lovely time. I'm sorry to have missed it but I just couldn't stay up. Fell asleep in front of the TV.
Sorry we missed you! Maybe next year.

Originally Posted by SunshineElaine View Post
Yippee! I won something this year!! Thanks!! How do I send you my mailing address? I don't want to post straight to the board.
I just sent you a private message, so be sure to check for that. You can send your information to me that way, and no one else will see it.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote