View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
knitting4mybabies
Casting On

Picking up Stitching, Diaper Cover Pattern, Help!?
So I don't consider myself to be a 'beginner' persay, but with this darn pattern I feel like it is my first day at the needles!

So my pattern can be found here:
http://www.ottobredesign.com/en/prin...r_cover_en.pdf

It is from Finland so maybe that has something to do with why I don't understand? (sounded like a good excuse to tell myself )

The pattern is a wool diaper cover and I have knitted the entire thing up until this point (where I am hopelessly stuck!)

"Pick up 32(36) stitches along the leg
openings and work 6 rows in k1, p1 rib. Bind
off loosely."

Now I chose this pattern becuase it was spelled out in black and white and so very easy to understand! And when i came to this point I felt like I knew what it was asking... until I picked the needles up and realized.... not so much

I have worked one pattern where I have had to pick up stitches before (though I believe I did that wrong so I wont count that ). I am unsure as to
A. HOW to pick up these stitches?
B. WHERE to pick up these stitches? (what row?)
C... I am sure there is more but I just don't know how to put it into words

I am sure this is problem a wicked easy pattern for someone at a higher level than me and you can probably explain it in like 2 seconds and just make my day

PLEASE if anyone can tell me what to do so I can finish this diaper cover (BEFORE my daughter is born ) I would be forever greatful
knitting4mybabies is offline   Reply With Quote