View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Antares
Working the Gusset

Sleepless in Texas
Me too!

I used to never have problems going to sleep, but here lately, it has been recurring just about every night. My hubby does not like it when I'm not sleeping with him either, but I sleep best alone. So I usually start out in bed with him, make sure he's asleep, and then move to the other bed where I usually go right to sleep! He whines and complains about me not sleeping with him, but that's the price I'll have to pay if I want to sleep some every night! I just try not to let his whining annoy me. But what's with these men who MUST have their wives in bed with them?

And then there's the sleeplessness. I used to read really really boring books--historical geology and social theory to put me to sleep. That almost always did the trick, and I was asleep in a few minutes.

I've cleaned out my books, though, and no longer have those gems. Now I'm more likely to play word games, read bookmaking books (something about this instantly makes my brain tired even though I love to make books), or knit or crochet something simple.

Some nights I try to go to bed early when I'm really really sleepy, but if hubby's not in bed at the time, he will ALWAYS wake me up when he comes to bed. He can't seem to do anything in the dark, and must have all the lights on. I've ask him not to do this, but he can't seem to get it through his head that lights wake me up, and I don't want to be woke up because then it will take me hours to go back to sleep. SIGH!!!

Sometimes being married is a pain!!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote