View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
knitterbug13
Casting On

Ahhhh!
Maybe that IS it, Suz.
I do believe you and GrumpyGram (who is not such a grump...@ least I don't think so...but some people have a rep to protect, so far be it for me to spread the word )...just may have hit on it.
It quite possibly could be the yarn's twist (or lack thereof). Actually, this did occur to me at one point much earlier on, when the designer initially suggested the yarn as being the culprit.
But I'd quickly (and, as it turns out, unwisely) dismissed it when I saw the work of other Ravelers who'd also used Malabrigo. What I didn't consider was the now so-clearly-obvious possibility that their Mala may have had a tighter twist than mine. Maybe even just a smidge tighter could be the difference.
Hmmm...
Well, ladies...I gotta hand it to you. You've helped me tremendously, and I can't thank you enough. The fact that you all took time out of your day to provide help to a fellow knitter in need is so greatly appreciated, I can't even begin to tell you how much. And I truly mean this, because now I can proceen on with the knowlege that I'm not "just an idiot!"
I'll continue to check in, just in case someone "discovers" something...please let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you.
My best to you and yours!!!
p.s. I'm knitterbug13 on RAVELRY, too. Please say hi whenever you're in the neighborhood!
GrumpyGramma (02-04-2012)