View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,003 Times in 2,516 Posts
Quote:
please let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you.
Ha! I'll make you sorry you said it already!

Have you actually tried it with another yarn yet? I'm eager to hear how it goes for you. I'm really glad my input was helpful. I get so so so much help here, I feel like I want to do something to help someone else once in a while. When I saw those gloves, I just had to give 'em a go.

Thanks for posting the pattern, it was nice to find one that the cheap yarn I have works up well in! I'm making my granddaughter "texters" to keep her hands warm when she has her phone out. Kids! Anyhow, long story short (too late! I know!) the lateral braid needs to be joined when you come to the end of the round. Works great when I'm doing 1 @ a time, but with 2 mitts on the needles for 2 @ a time, I don't see a good way to do it--one end of the round is on the needle point, the other is on the cable. I actually took the stitches for one to a holder so I could do the join on the other one, then put them back on, with the 1st 2 braids but I'm not doing it again. Any idea how to make it work?

AND I'm old enough to be as grumpy as I darned well please! ::
I tell my GKs I'm Grumpy Gramma and they laugh. Yeah, I guess I do have rep to maintain.

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote