View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 04:38 AM   #10
Casting On
Originally Posted by KnittingElf View Post
I fell in love with knitting late last year, but due to school I haven't really been able to knit much. I have some time now, though, and just started my first afghan I was at lunch with my family the other day, and I was trying to hurry my family along because the knitting store closed at four. My brother looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Knitting is for OLD people!"

I actually have met many younger knitters since starting. Besides him acting like being older was a "bad" thing, he acted like I was some weird cat lady for wanting to knit. Well ha! I'm actually a dog lady so there

Honestly, though. Does this myth still exist widely? Ever have someone act like you're weird for knitting? He's lucky I didn't have my knitting needles with me is all I'm saying...
Come now. You won't let a brother tease you, will you? Brothers are supposed to try that - for any pretext they could find, that is what they are for (in childhood, at least). But you are supposed to smile at it, not let it get through you...
Еnglish is my 3rd language. If something I have said seems like an improper idiom, I most likely do not know it. Please, tell me about it - so that I will know it's wrong for other times.

Find me at for yarns and patterns, or at for pictures of my work.
HandyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote