View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
Antares
Working the Gusset

Ha! I'm such a long-time crocheter that I automatically default to fixing my knitting problems via crochet rather than finding a knitting solution! For example, when I was making animal hats, I tried knitting the circles for the eyes and found that to be a royal pain. Instead, I switched over to crochet and had circles in a matter of minutes.

I love crochet and think that knitters sometimes under-rate it, or even worse, relegate it to non-wearable items.

So far, I've used crochet for lace edgings, seams, reinforcements, as well as edgings that were only meant to straighten out a wonky looking cast on.

I also did one (just one) leg warmer that has knitted bands around the top and bottom and a crocheted design in between. If I ever get the other one finished, I'll post a picture (but don't hold your breath as these were for practical use--and obviously they're not really necessary these days).

I agree with others--knowing crochet (as well as tatting, hairpin lace, broomstick lace, Tunisian crochet, etc.) just gives you more options and fun things to incorporate into finished objects. What's not to like?
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote