View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #49
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,796 Times in 7,157 Posts
Originally Posted by nicole24252 View Post
?? Does the Yarn Lady charge to join the social knitting stuff? The only time I've been there since it opened was when I was crocheting a project. While a very nice store it's not really set up for crocheters in terms of books or patterns but the yarn was devine!
No, no charge at all for social knitting! I'm there every Friday!! Last Friday we had a big crowd..maybe 12 or more people. It's from 6-8 (sometimes 9 although the store closes and door locked at 8) I'm usually there at about 5:30 or so.

There's both beginners and experienced knitters there and we can help with simple problems. If it's more than a simple question I suggest you take a class though. Those do cost money, but are so worth it!

As for technique... you'll hear people say continental is better and faster, but it's not. It's just different and while it's useful for things like fair isle it's not something you must know. The technique you should use is the one that works for you. I can knit both ways, but 99% of the time I use the english method, too.

Oh and while the majority are knitters there are crocheters at social knitting and the store owner, Ginger and a few of the other employees crochet a lot. They sometimes have crochet project classes, too. Check the website and you can see the basic classes.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Last edited by Jan in CA : 04-02-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote