Thread: Just Learning
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
sweetpea63
Casting On

[quote=debminerva;1345195]I took a crochet class last year (I'm a knitter) but I am having a hard time getting the hang of it. My tension is way off (just like when I was first learning to knit). My finished crocheted projects are two hats that look pretty bad.

But I'm determined to get this right so I've started another hat ( funny enough, with Caron Simply Soft ). It's been a rough going.

This evening, while watching television with my DH, he asks me to change the channel. I tell him, "Can't you see I'm busy crocheting?" He responds just as quickly, "Yes, I see you are busy. I see you are busy pre-frogging!"

He knows me and by the end of the night, this latest attempt will look like yarn barf all over the couch.

Hi Debminerva, crocheting can be simple an easy to mineuver. For your tension have you tried wrapping the yarn around your little finger and threading over your index finger? that will help you to keep the desired tension you are looking for. Once you figure out the basic sts. single, dbl, tr, etc. you can pretty much figure out most patterns. There is a website, freecrochetpatterns.com I think is the name, has tons of free patterns and they tell you if they easy intermediate, or advanced. They also havevideos and tutorials for learning. Good luck!
sweetpea63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpea63 For This Useful Post:
debminerva (04-07-2012)