View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #19
Antares
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by janae1987 View Post
I use worsted acrylic almost exclusively, and I love this yarn is the softest i've found that is at a reasonable price.And i do consider it a quality yarn...ive never had any trouble with it. It obviously isnt the best out there, but i'm a big fan! I do use SS quite a bit too, but I love this yarn is my go to! It may be a bit more expensive than RHSS, but i honestly CAN'T STAND knitting or crocheting with it. I love this yarn holds up beautifully and is fantastic for baby things! If i'm looking for something other than my usual worsted acrylic i go to joanns or knitpicks!

I guess it all comes down to personal preference! Everyone is different!

Do you have any other brands that you use oftern that you could recommend for me to try out?!

I love how passionate we all get about our yarn!
I don't use acrylic as much anymore now that I'm knitting wearable objects and lace (since acrylic isn't so nice to wear in hot or cold weather and doesn't hold knit lace stitches well), but I have used Red Heart Soft yarn, which is acrylic, to crochet with. I've not had any problems with it becoming tangled or splitting too much.

Of course, when people complain about Caron Simply Soft splitting, I always wonder what size crochet hook they're using. If your hooks too small, of course it's going to split--that's true for any yarn and too small of a hook.

Anywhoo! The Red Heart Soft yarn is a nice, soft acrylic. I've also used Vanna Choice yarn some as well--also an acrylic--and had good results.
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote