Thread: New Foundation
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
sissyv
1st Leg of the Journey

New Foundation
I'm starting a foundation for kids with disabilities. It seems that there are a lot of organizations out there that do that- but we are different!
I have a facebook page for the foundation. Its called Courtland's Hope. Courtland is my son's name- he has a rare form of cerebral palsy. This foundation is not just for kids with cp but for children who dont have a diagnosis. My son did not have a diagnosis for a long time and it was hard to get help.
The purpose of Courtland's Hope is to help families by paying for expensive medical equipment and/or bicycles. (A bicycle for a disabled child can cost up to $2000.00) This is just the beginning of the things we are doing. Eventually, we will have a centre and have family with family mentoring, and family/marriage counselling available too. We believe inn keeping families strong and together through difficult times. My husband is working on building us a website and we are still in process, but hoping to recieve our charitable status in Canada by the end of 2012.
This endeavor is close to my heart and I just wanted to share. I hope you will come visit our facebook page. God bless you all!
SIS
sissyv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sissyv For This Useful Post:
insanenewknitter (05-29-2012)