Thread: New Foundation
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
1st Leg of the Journey
New Foundation
I'm starting a foundation for kids with disabilities. It seems that there are a lot of organizations out there that do that- but we are different!
I have a facebook page for the foundation. Its called Courtland's Hope. Courtland is my son's name- he has a rare form of cerebral palsy. This foundation is not just for kids with cp but for children who dont have a diagnosis. My son did not have a diagnosis for a long time and it was hard to get help.
The purpose of Courtland's Hope is to help families by paying for expensive medical equipment and/or bicycles. (A bicycle for a disabled child can cost up to $2000.00) This is just the beginning of the things we are doing. Eventually, we will have a centre and have family with family mentoring, and family/marriage counselling available too. We believe inn keeping families strong and together through difficult times. My husband is working on building us a website and we are still in process, but hoping to recieve our charitable status in Canada by the end of 2012.
This endeavor is close to my heart and I just wanted to share. I hope you will come visit our facebook page. God bless you all!
sissyv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sissyv For This Useful Post:
insanenewknitter (05-29-2012)