View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #1736
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by calimama View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that Blueberry Chocolate has been completed and donated to the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA here in San Mateo, CA. I think it turned out beautifully. I've attached a photo of it here.

I've also started a new snuggle inspired by the area in which I grew up (near Saratoga Springs, NY where thoroughbred racing is king) and the fact that it's Triple Crown season. I'm calling it "Horsing Around", and I started it with 2 different browns. I think this one could be really flexible -- obviously we could use browns, greys, whites, black, etc to represent horses, but also any bright colors could be used to represent the silks, green for the turf, red for the Derby roses, black & yellow for Preakness Black-eyed Susans, white for the Belmont Stakes carnations, etc, etc. I'm planning on finishing my section this weekend if anyone's ready to sign on for the next section. I'll post a pic before I send it on...And hopefully next Saturday we'll be watching "I'll Have Another" become our first Triple Crown Winner in over 30 years!!! I mean, you can't beat that name

What a great looking blanket! Thanks so much for finishing and sharing!

I love your idea for a new blanket too.

Who else would like to work on this new blanket?

Horsing Around
1. calimama (<-- Currently knitting)

I bought my yarn for Dragonfly yesterday and hope to get started on it this week. This is the last week of school and DD's dance recital rehearsal/performances are Thursday, Friday, and Sunday (plus swim class tonight and soccer on Saturday -- that's just *her*, although this week she has more going on than the boys do), so I don't think I'll get much done this week but I'm excited to work on one of these again.

Dragonfly
1. cheley
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Susan/susauehl
4. Katie/sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting)
5. cheley

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. calimama
4. Elizabeth/bugsyblacklab (<-- Currently knitting)
5. Moonbunny