View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
Christinechrstms1
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Skype™ to Christinechrstms1
having trouble with guage(Easy Tank Top by Lorna Miser)
Hi All, I was so happy to see that my order came in today and decided to try knitting the Easy Tank Top by Lorna Miser. It was a free download but I can't recall where I downloaded it from. The pattern reads, Guage---14 stitches=4inches in St st. I am using Knit Picks Comfy Worsted which is 75% pima cotton and 25% Acrylic. So far I am on a 5mm needle (size 8 I believe) I am getting 14 stitches in about 3 1/2 inches. Do I try to go up to a size 9 needle? How big of a swatch is necessary to make? also do I just lay the swatch down and gently flatten to measure or do I stretch it out a bit? Maybe there is a video I can review somewhere. Otherwise any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

After writing the above I read an article about making a swatch. It mentioned that the swatch should be knitted with some of the pattern repeats in it. The above pattern is ribbed for the entire tank but it says 14 stitches = 4 inches in St st. not ribbed. will this matter?

lol OK now I realize the yarn I am supposed to use is bulky not worsted. Oh well I will pick another pattern for now.

Last edited by Christinechrstms1 : 06-08-2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: wrong yarn
Christinechrstms1 is offline   Reply With Quote