View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #5
Christinechrstms1
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Skype™ to Christinechrstms1
some people judge others and it is quite a shame. I even find myself on occasion doing it. I am very glad I read John Grishams " The Street Lawyer". It helped me to understand those who are homeless. Many of the homeless have a mental illness, or addiction. I have a close family member in this predicament and it is heart breaking. They don't often approach their family for help as some are deeply ashamed of their live style. Many of us have tried a drug a time or 2 and most of us decide to leave it alone. There are those though that have terrible issues and decide to take something to help cope. Unfortunately they become addicted and don't have the strength to over come it. I am a nurse and sadly have witnessed some medical professionals treating people with such disrespect it is no wonder the addict has low self esteem. They feel terrible and when mistreated, their self worth plummets even more. We don't know what has taken place in the lives of these people so we should, instead of judge,help them to understand that they are valuable human beings worthy of love. They may then feel a bit more self worth to try to overcome their addiction. The fellow who crochets the hats is such a wonderful guy.
Christinechrstms1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Christinechrstms1 For This Useful Post:
susianna (06-22-2012)