View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
Jane9898
Casting On

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90...ittingPatterns

Thank you very much for your help

I have found this as an example to elaborate my question. I have knitted a rectangle shape of hood as in above site, pick up and knit, but when I fold in half, it doesn't look like a hood to me.

Can some of you help me how exactly to do please?

I have 8" - 18" - 8"
Which also means
47 sts - 87sts - 47sts

I have sewed 7 sts on both front pcs to the back so it becomes
40sts - 73sts - 40sts
In the circular needles now

I don't know if it is correct to sew 14sts (7 on each) of the back pcs but I am guessing it

Pls help and guide me how many to sew up and how many is needed for the hood

What's the calculation of hood especially when I need to knit it from the front pcs, bcos its a button pattern

I found many said I need 13" height of the hood from neckline but I don't know how to make it look like a triangle hood from a rectangle garment

May I know what r the rules of knitting a hood?
For eg knitting a vest we usually do in either three pcs to seam up later or do in a circular needle until 13" for starting of armholes shaping for 8" bla bla bla....
So what is it for knittin a hood?

There r different types of hood, longer larger pointy ones would look cute for kids, shorter ones would suitable for adults n less bulky but bulky would look cute for kids...

I am sorry if the language I use isn't appropriate but I'm trying my best to elaborate my needs and hopefully you can help me out

Thank you very much in advance!!
Jane9898 is offline   Reply With Quote