View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Tntgin4118
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by nonny2t View Post
It is looking great. One thing I have found when you have a pattern that isn't too difficult but enough so that you have to pay attention and can't mindlessly knit is to limit distractions. Tv, music, even kids or husbands can get your brain off track. I also always use a mantra when I knit a two knit pattern, which this looks like. In other words, in my head I repeat, k3, p3, k3, p3 or whatever it is. Your brain soon locks it in and just keeps going without you really thinking about it anymore. I know she is going to love her blankie!!!
Hi Nonny2t,

Like I mentioned in my reply to Antares, distractions are a bane of my knitting life. I don't have children at home anymore, not even pets that could distract me. Mostly it's mental distractions for me... my job is high pressure and I have a very hard time turning off my brain. That's actually one of the reasons I decided to try knitting... to see if it helped me find the 'off' button for work stress. I've found that it works to some degree, but it takes me a little while to get into my zone

I took my project with me to a medical appointment earlier this week and after the hour long wait while Hubby had his physical, when it was my turn, my blood pressure was lower than it's been in years!!