View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
cdepaolo
Casting On

Trouble with the "Lacy Fern Afghan" pattern
Hi. I am fairly new to knitting, although I have completed an afghan and a poncho project, and have practiced quite a bit. I am trying out the Lacy Fern Afghan pattern from "Under Cover" and have hit a snag VERY early on. I am hoping someone can help me see what I am doing wrong.

My problem comes in with Row 1. I have to cast on 166 stitches, then purl the foundation row. That's all going along very well of course . When I get to row 1 though, I run out of stitches. I have restarted this project 4 times and am now hoping I can find someone to guide me because I can't figure this one out for myself. The directions for Row 1 are as follows:

*K1, p1, SK2P, k10, yo, k1, yo, p2, yo, k1, yo, k10, k3tog, p1; rep from * 4 times, end k1.

My conundrum is this: If I have 166 stitches on my needle, how can I possibly knit 171 stitches? That is the number that I come up with when I add the stitches above together. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong and guide me to get over row 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cathy
cdepaolo is offline   Reply With Quote