View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
Lucy0723
Casting On

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I can't imagine making a blanket with anything that isn't washable myself. Do you have a preference? What fiber would you like suggestions for? I just noticed the Rowan All Seasons yarn is a cotton/acrylic blend...? Funny the store suggested the wool to you.
Personally, I would like a nice soft cotton or something. I agree it would definately need to be washable as my dog will try and share it in winter! I am in UK, but more than happy to order on line from US and wait (I do the same with my quilting material too), but I just dont know where to start. I need to work out how to convert the tension in the book from cms, to inches as per most of the US sites. The blanket itself is formed from 7 inch squares, so perhaps the tension wont make too much of a difference, but every time I have "done my own thing" from a pattern, it hasnt really worked! Grateful for all suggestions to be honest as I really love the blanket, but to knit in Rowan would be so expensive. I'd never use it if I finished it!!
Lucy0723 is offline   Reply With Quote