View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad
Thanked 8,897 Times in 7,246 Posts
Originally Posted by Rosamystica315 View Post
Thank you, Ingrid. However, I am still confused because I believe I have to start knitting at the beginning of the stitches, which is not where the old yarn I cut is located. I'm using double pointed needles and have to flip them and start at the 'foot edge'. There is no strand there; I would have to start a new one, but all the videos I've seen about joining yarn are about joining in the same place where the old strand is and knitting both strands together for a few stitches. To start at the boot edge I would not have any strand to begin with.
If the yarn is in the middle of the row how did you get to the end if you cut the yarn? I often start a new yarn in the middle of a project (by choice). No matter where you start you'll need to just start knitting with the new yarn and you can weave in the ends later. I loosely tie the two ends together normally. I'm still trying to figure out how you cut the yarn in the middle, but are at the end...

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote