View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #1790
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Moonbunny View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. It is hard not to have your parents to call or visit. I try to tell my daughter stories about her grandparents when she was little and when I was little.

I do still have Horsin' Around. I finished my section and my daughter is working on the last section. As soon as she's done, I'll start a new blanket with the needles. I was thinking of something like Colorful Calico Kitty with whites, browns, tans, blacks and all calico colors.

Thank you. I'm going to put together a scrapbook of the photos that I have of my dad -- it seems fitting since I did one for him when his dog passed away. I never saw him look at it, but I have seen pictures of him showing it to his brother when they (my parents) drove out (11 hours) to visit my dad's family (in Wisconsin).

Thanks for the update! Calico Kitty sounds fun and please post a photo of Horsin' Around when it is finished.

Originally Posted by KristinMei View Post
I've started knitting on Puppy Purple Palooza! I have a million things to do today, but I was just so excited I've got an inch done already.

I do have a few newbie questions...since there is no knitter signed up for the last section, should I just hold on to it till someone signs up? Or should I knit another section if no one jumps on before I'm done?
That's up to you.

You can keep it, finish it off, donate it, and start a new one -- or you can send it to me. I would be happy to finish it off and my shelter is extremely grateful for the donations. (I keep forgetting to post the thank you card they sent me after the last one!)