Thanks to InsaneNewKnitter, I now have some baby items ready for a local pregnancy care center.
The bibs are a variation of this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...sy-stay-on-bib
. The yellow one got a little long, but oh, well! I guess it'll still do it's job!
The cardis are based on this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...nit-baby-shrug
. I did the knitted one first and then used its dimensions to crochet the white one (well, it's not all crocheted--I did knit the collar and waistband, which I won't do that again--too much trouble, and it doesn't look all that great).
I'm also making a boy's coat, and I still need to find the baby hats I have . . . somewhere!
Thanks for looking.