View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
KnitBeg
1st Leg of the Journey

I agree, it doesn't seem right. But the twists make the upward-sides of the leaves and they are more vertical at the points in the pattern where the twist should be done both ways... The most annoying thing is that the pattern itself has the note "This pattern is quite easy, but you've got to watch the twists in the reverse rows"

You asked me to type out the first rows of instruction - I am happy to do that, but I myself am only used to patterns like the image showed. I think the English word is "chart". But I'll try writing it out

Used abbreviations:
p
k
k through back of loop = ktbl
p through back of loop = ptbl

Twists for RS
[A] k into front of 2nd st, k into back of 1st st, slide both sts off left needle together
[E] k into front of 2nd st, p into front of 1st st, slide both sts off left needle together
[C] k into back of 2nd st, k into front of 1st st, slide both sts off left needle together
[D] p into back of 2nd st, k into front of 1st st, slide both sts off left needle together

27 stitches per row
Row 1
p, [A], ktbl, [A], 2ktbl, [E], 2p, [E], 2p, [C], 9p
Row 2
8k, ptbl, p, ptbl, 3k, p, 3k, p, 3ptbl, p, 2ptbl, p, k
Row 3
[A], ktbl, [A], 2ktbl, [E], 2p, [E], 2p, [A], k, [C], 7p
Row 4
6k, [C]WS, ptbl, p, ptbl, p, 3k, p, 3k, [E]WS, 2ptbl, p, 2ptbl, p

With [C]WS and [E]WS I mean that these are described as [C] and [E] but this time on the wrong-side of the knitting and thus not as mentioned in the symbol list...

I hope it makes sense I checked what I wrote thrice and hope this means it is flawless .

And thanks for the kind words, Megan. I admit that I lost some hope after all the trying, but it is all back now

BTW, I changed the [b] into [E] as the capital B doesn't show in the final version...