View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,744 Times in 7,115 Posts
I have knit a bunch of socks in various weights and techniques. Funny thing is that I have not only wide feet, but some issues that makes my feet extremely sensitive and I can't usually even wear them. I did them originally just to see if I could and found them kind of magical. Watching that heel turn and then form with gusseting was very cool.

My friends that knit them a lot like that they are very small take along projects. They don't usually care that they go slowly, being knit mostly in the car, waiting for appts, at lunch, etc. Personally, since I have foot issues, I use "stash hats" that I make for charity as my take along project.

And finally.... I'm starting a class next week where we make 3 pair of socks all at once. That's 6 total socks. They will be made on separate needles thankfully. We are just making them all at the same time....6 toes, then 6 insteps, etc. no 2nd sock syndrome for us. Why am I doing this since I can't wear them you ask? Because all my knitting friends are taking the class and I don't want to sit w/o them at the other table! It's a disease.

And yes, I'll post pics when I'm done.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
Christinechrstms1 (09-27-2012)