Thread: Podcasts
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

I listen to podcasts on my iPod Nano when I'm driving in the car by myself, mostly to and from work (about 25 minutes in the morning and 40 minutes at night). I have just gotten caught up on two that were started two years before I started to listen to them, but overall I am currently about six months behind on my listening and am listening to podcasts posted last May.

I subscribe through iTunes, but I'm linking to their own sites.

I listen to two about scrapbooking (Paperclipping Roundtable and The Digi Show), NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and The New Yorker's Comment Podcast. I also listen to Nikonians Photo Professors (once a month) and Lion Brand Yarn's Yarncraft podcast(every two weeks).

I used to listen to a lot more, but I couldn't keep up and had to let a bunch of them go. I'd like to go back and pick up Creative Living with Jamie [Ridler], but I need to get caught up to the present first!

Before looking up these links, I didn't know that Nikonians had another podcast -- Northern Exposure -- and that Jamie Ridler has started a new one with her sisters -- stART. They are both pretty new and I should check them out while I can still catch up from the beginning!

I'd like to find more knitting podcasts, but I find I enjoy a group of hosts and guests rather than just one or two people, and haven't found any like that yet. (Not that I've put a lot of effort into it.) I actually quit Yarncraft for a while but found I missed it and am now subscribing to them again. I dropped Jamie Ridler for the same reason -- hers is mainly an interview format -- but I miss the creative encouragement. I'm wondering whether I'd like her new show better since it seems to have three hosts.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote