View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
susianna
Ribbing the Cuff

Salmonmac, what excellent information.....I haven't clicked onto those sites yet, I'll do it later tonight, tho. Thanks for getting my imagination rolling in that direction! It's funny, sometimes we can read a bit of this 'n that, (knitting related, of course, and in this case your this 'n that!) and suddenly our minds expand and make connections to other ideas. That's how it works for me, anyway. Maybe I'm just weird.

Rochester, Thank you, I never would've thought of that! I'll probably make the extention first then sew it on, since I'm newbie-ish and not good with gauge from a free design perspective-at least that's what I'm thinking. From one of my knitting books, she gives two easy formulas.....it's basic math, super easy, you just plug in the numbers (sts per inch, how wide you want your piece to be in inches, etc) and you can find out things like how many stitches to cast on for your project, how to figure out the width will be.....wait, this is more for designing your own project, because she states "now of course if you're knitting a project from a book,etc., you'll use their gauge numbers." So, I can do this, or at least give it a try. So double thanks on your ideas!
susianna is offline   Reply With Quote