View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
FO:Twisted-Stitch Hat
I made another hat using 6 patterns from Twisted-Stitch Knitting and one simple one between each design. This one is for a male friend who asked me to make him one (he says he'll pay for it ). He said blue, gray or green so I found this Cascade Yarns Greenland in a nice blue. It is 100% Merino and soft, but felt a bit like cotton as I worked with it. It has a very tight twist which is why I liked it, that and it is not itchy feeling. I think it turned out okay. I think it will look better on Jeff than on this wig form. He saw the other twisted st hat I made and tried it on, but wanted it bigger so it is. I think it will be just right. Oh, by the way the yarn is an Aran weight. I didn't even notice when I bought it, just liked the color and texture of the yarn.

I figured out one more refinement this time. I made the patterns seem to come right out of the ribbing. Took some thought and experimenting, but I think it worked pretty well.

Again you can see all 6 pattern stitches in my projects on Ravelry under Jeff's Twisted Stitch Hat. My picture is not the best. I was trying to get pictures of each of the pattern stitches, but not the hat as a whole. I'd like to get one of Jeff modeling if I can.

Here's Jeff in his hat. Got it delivered tonight. He loved it and said it fit perfectly. Is planning to wear it for his after ski hat.

Last edited by MerigoldinWA : 10-31-2012 at 02:29 AM.
MerigoldinWA is offline   Reply With Quote