View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
nonny2t
Instepping Out

Socks for Smiles
I love this. This little 11 yr old girl was in foster care and only had white socks. When she was adopted, she never wore white socks again. She now has a charity to give colorful socks to foster kids. knit some fun socks for kids and teens and spread a litlle love and some big
Description
I am eleven-years-old and have a goal to collect colorful socks and other personal items, such as underwear, for foster kids. I was in foster care for five years. I was mostly given plain white socks to wear. I hated those socks! The other kids had colorful socks with fun designs and cartoon characters. It was another way I felt different. I haven't worn white socks at all since I was adopted in 2...010! Now I want to help other kids feel special too. Socks may seem like a small thing, but it's sometimes the little things that mean a lot to a kid. Email socksforsmiles@yahoo.com.

Ways to help:

1. Donate colorful socks to a foster care advocacy group in your area.

2. Mail socks to:

Socks for Smiles
PO BOX 651537
Vero Beach, FL 32965

3. Send donations via Pay Pal to socksforsmiles@yahoo.com.I will purchase socks on your behalf.

4. Spread the word!

Please note: We are not an organized non-profit organization. We're just a little girl and her momma trying to pass on a little cheer through funky socks to foster children.
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nonny2t For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (11-02-2012)