View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Quote:
K4, yfwd, sl1K, k1, psso, k3, k2tog, yfwd, k9 etc... Next row purl... Following row K5, yfwd, sl1k, k1, psso, k1, k2tog, yfwd, k 10 etc, then purl For some reason where i have brought yarn forward, slipped one and knitted one, it is creating a horizontal stitch on right side of my pattern as it continues...
I cast on 20 stitches and tried these directions and I'm getting a triangle with lace holes on each side of it and no stitches running across the front of the piece anywhere. Let me try explaining the directions in more detail:

Row 4: Knit 4 stitches, yarn over (just bring the yarn to the front between the needle tips and keep it there as you continue), (hold the yarn over to the top of your right hand needle somehow so it doesn't go anywhere), slip a stitch as if to knit it (just slip the next stitch inserting the working needle as though you intended to knit the stitch, but just slip it over to the right hand needle), k1, then past the slipped stitch over the knit st (like you were binding off, being careful not to disturb the yarn over), k3, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 9.

Purl a row.

Row 3: Knit 5, yarn over as before, slip one knitwise as before, k1, pass the slipped stitch over the knit stitch, k1, k2tog, yarn over, knit 10.

Does that help at all?