View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Antares
Working the Gusset

I would think that just about any knitting machine would be able to handle scarves since they 're generally long rectangles. However, I'm not sure about using a machine to knit in the round for a hat. Perhaps it could be knitted flat on a machine and then seamed up by hand? It's certainly worth asking a knowledgeable person about!

One other place you might check for information on knitting machines is in knitting magazines. I know Knit 'n Style has reviewed knitting machines in the past. However, with that said, I wouldn't recommend getting a subscription to a bunch of knitting magazines just for that purpose. Instead, perhaps you could browse through some copies at your local library or even flip through some at a news stand.

Good luck in your search for a good knitting machine. I hope you can find something you enjoy and that fits your budget and needs perfectly.

If you are able to make some items via a machine, please do post some pictures for us to see. Even though most of us here hand knit, we are very much interested in all things knitting!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote