View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,890 Times in 3,011 Posts
FO: Herringbone Sleeve for Circular Needle Case
Ever had a tri-fold circular needle case that is so poorly designed that the smaller needle tips fall out the end if you pick up the case at the other end?

Well, I purchased a poorly designed tri-fold (fabric) needle case for my Knit Picks nickel plated OPTIONS a few months ago. It wasn't cheap either. Bah!

So this is the case:

Closing the right flap...

...then the other side:

But wait! Look at the top of the case:

...and see how the tips very easily spill out?

So you see my problem. I've been using a heavy clip to hold it shut, but got real tired of that ugly clip.

So I knit up a Herringbone Sleeve for the needle case itself...and now my problem is solved!

This herringbone sleeve used 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden, color 84. I seamed with a plain dk yarn. Just the sides. The bottom is seamless because the sleeve was knit as a 28" length and then folded up to 11" tall, then the flap is turned down. Button loop added, button attached. Voila.

I know there are cheaper, easier ways to 'fix' my problem of escaping needle tips, but I wanted to use this (new) modified herringbone stitch for something, for anything...plus...I've had this
Noro in my stash for 7-8 years. I had fun knitting this herringbone sleeve! It's very addictive knitting.

My Rav Notes

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote