View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,003 Times in 2,516 Posts
They look like the Boye's I have, packaged under a different brand. It's really odd that the color came off on your yarn. I suggest that you contact the seller and see about a refund on the needles. They may or may not cover the cost of the yarn. If the seller won't refund, contact the manufacturer and complain. If you bought them on line, is there the option of leaving a comment and warning others before they buy them? Before you work any more, try to find out if the color will come out. Having gone this far and have it messed up is bad enough, doing the whole thing to find out it's ruined would be that much worse. I've knitted and crocheted with aluminum needles and hooks and never had that happen. My 2 cents, FWIT or not. HTH

Denise rainbow needles are reported to transfer color to some yarns in some circumstances but apparently it's not a permanent staining. That's part of the reason I asked about what needles you have.

ETA:
Quote:
Hopefully it comes out or at least lightens. It's not an obvious blue that it's being stained, it just looks grungy. I guess I should have noticed it would happen once I saw my fingers were getting stained but I didn't :/.
Did it wash off your hands with soap and water? That might indicate how well it will come off the yarn. Acrylic doesn't soak up dyes or any liquids like natural fibers, I think there is hope.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote