View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

I'll be out! Last year we even hit a couple of the stores Thanksgiving night after we left the kids at my mom's house. I don't know what we're doing this year; I haven't made up my lists yet. And the Thanksgiving day shopping last year were on pure impulse, completely unplanned.

DH and I (yes, I mean my hubby ) make a day of it every year. The first year we went out together, we completed about 90% of our Christmas shopping. Since then, we average about 60-80% of of Christmas shopping completed on Black Friday, with very good bargains. It also means less Christmas shopping to do the rest of the year.

My theory (and I have to quit sharing this or it isn't going to work ) is that we are right in the middle of four major cities, which are where most people go for their Black Friday shopping. Since we are mainly interested in Kohl's, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc we can stick to our little suburban shopping areas and not go out to the big cities with their big malls. That means that while the stores are crowded, they are not much more crowded than a really busy Saturday.

We do end up in a lot of lines, but we are prepared for that. Last year I started my DS's scarf just before Thanksgiving and by the end of the weekend, it was almost half done!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote