View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
FO: Red-Tail Hawk Cowl
Red-Tail Hawk is the color of this Twizzle yarn by Mountain Colors. It's left over from a cardigan I knit last Spring. (Perry Cardigan)

My cowl isn't blocked yet and it definitely needs it...to widen, lengthen and pop the pattern stitch! At the moment, it measures 7" x 45"...and it's supposed to grow to 8" x 60", which will be a much better fit around the neck. I won't have the space to block it until Tuesday.

The "Garland Cowl" is a free pattern over at Ravelry. It is written out, line by line,
and the cowl is knit in 49 rounds x 126 stitches each. Very easy to follow. Worsted weight yarn and big needles (US 10.5).

The designer recommended a particular cast-on (very stretchy)...which I tried and failed at. Instead of it, I was able to use a stretchy cast-on of my own.

She also recommended a particular stretchy bind off, Elizabeth Zimmerman's Sewn Bind Off...
which is demonstrated on You Tube. It was very easy indeed, and worked like a charm.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is online now   Reply With Quote