View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Eww. I've heard this before though with various yarns. As gross as it is I don't think it would stop me from buying a yarn.
I agree with you, Jan. I would purchase natural Malabrigo again. In an way, the 'earth' that came out into my wash pan that day brought to my mind the visions of this white sheep who gets to enjoy his environment! I wasn't put off at all, but I was surprised because my hanks were so pristine looking! Add to that, I knit fast, finish quickly, minimal handling, no laying around, no smoking. So the 'earth' was definitely in the yarn from jumpstreet. Alllllll the way from South America! Or, wherever.

I've since read that the kettle-dyed Malabrigo doesn't have quite the amount of earthiness embedded because of the extra bath it receives during the dying process.

BTW, the natural, undyed, white Malabrigo is much much softer than the dyed Malabrigo, btw. Which is why I purchased every hank that Halcyon Yarns had in stock. It's hard to find the undyed natural color. So I still have a little hoard of it.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote